Program Objectives and Outcomes
Middle East Technical University Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Undergraduate Program Objectives
Graduates of the undergraduate program of the METU Chemical Engineering Department will
- have successful careers in chemical engineering practice and research in industry, government agencies, business and/or universities
- demonstrate leadership qualities within their chosen career path
- successfully earn advanced degrees or certificates where appropriate to pursue their chosen careers
- conduct themselves with the highest standards of ethical practice and careful consideration of the societal and global responsibilities of the engineering profession.
(Decisions of Advisory Committee on 14th of September 2018 and Departmental Academic Board on 14th of November 2018.)
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.